Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Feature

I want to institute a thing. Every Sunday I'll pick one or two of my favorite things that I've found on the internet that week :)  Let's see how this goes.

This little literary jewel is written by one of my virtual friends on DeviantArt, the other place I post artwork and where I suspect I get over half my blog views.

Hemingway Would Hate This

by *UntamedUnwanted

The trouble with the Boy was that he didn't have the heart of Shakespeare, the voice of Poe, or the soul of Wordsworth, nor the knowledge of Rembrandt in his darkest days. He didn't have a trace of Michaelangelo's spirit nor the angst of Carvaggio and this on its own was enough to dissuade him from understanding that technique was far better than solidarity and possession far more ageless than youth.

He didn't have any of this knowledge because his father hadn't had the courage to tell him that he needed them all to win over the heart of a woman who had the dreams of Austen, the ideas of Da Vinci and the scent of a high priestess of Venetian origin.

The Girl was all those things and more, and her value, her estimate in the market of souls was higher than most. She was an angel amongst Gods and He should never have let her go into the world thinking that it was Keats hearted. Because like all women who live their lives story shaped, she was soon broken by ridicule, humbled by ill experiences and riddled by judgement of the people who didn't understand.

It was odd then, that when the Boy told the Girl she deserved more, she shook her head till her long hair was a curtain around her face, hiding the tears that one cried only when they knew they were safe and would never have to cry again.

You see, she knew that the trouble with the Boy was that he didn't have the heart of Shakespeare, the voice of Poe, or the soul of Wordsworth, nor the knowledge of Rembrandt in his darkest days. but what he did possess was the determination of Joyce mixed with the sheer undaunted, witty, spirit of Dickens.
I would definitely recommend checking out the rest of her work. She has some real gems in her gallery!


Also, Minna Sundberg is awesome. She does this absolutely stunning (now daily) webcomic, and plenty of terrific art on the side. This is one of my favorites:



And that's that for today! If you want to do a feature exchange or suggest someone you think I should feature, I'll always be open for suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment